Thursday, June 18, 2009

1957 TriCor Accessory Catalog

1957 Cycle magazine ad

The real thing

New for 1957, the Splayed Port two carburetor cylinder head that became standard on the Bonnevile in 1959. The Triumph T100RS was the only 1957 model equipped with this head but it was available as an option for other 500 models.
Not yet available for 650cc engines.


650 owners were still stuck with the old parrallel port dual carb manifold. Not a bad setup though. Borris Murray used these manifolds with Chantland big bore cylinders on his dual engine drag bike through the 1960's up until the early 70's on what was one of the fastest motorcycles in the world.


3 comments:

  1. I love that dual Monobloc set up . Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When did they start listing a bolt on rigid section for swing arm models?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a 1959 TriCor catalog up on ebay that I threw a bid on a few days ago but it ended too high for my poorboy status at $50. The '57 catalog is the only one I have. My guess is the early 1960's for the bolt on rigids but I'd like to know the real answer to that question too.

    ReplyDelete