Friday, July 3, 2009

1958 Webco Catalog


The cast alloy parts are of Webco manufacture BUT,


I believe the sheet metal parts like the fork covers and mufflers are mostly made by MCM.



I NEED PERIOD AFTERMARKET AIR CLEANERS. PLEASE EMAIL IF YOU HAVE ANY FOR SALE OR TRADE.


I have never seen this early type dual carb manifold before. The pic looks like they could be for the Triumph, but it is unclear. Looks like the splayed type manifolds as I posted previously were not available yet.


Knock off sprockets for Triumph? For brakeless racing. Pretty cool.

WANTED : WEBCO CATALOGS 1955 - 1967

4 comments:

  1. Great catalog! I can't say I've ever leafed through any of Webco's offerings before. Just out of curiousity I see the fork slider covers offered and I'm looking for a pair of pre-unit cub sliders, the narrow ones, as I just bought a 50's terrier front end as a back up for my bike and also to use with the cub brake wheel. I see sliders offered all the time on ebay but I'm not sure if any pre-unit cub sliders have been offered. I can't remember if they are distinguished as FC-1's or FC-2's for the MCM's. Any help identifying them would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Terrier / Earlier Cubs did have different/smaller fork covers than the 500 - 650's. I have never seen any offered and would like to find a pair myself. For the later type cub forks that shared the same lower sliders and tubes as the big vertical twins I think that FC-2's would be correct...

    ReplyDelete
  3. To tell you the truth, I don't recall seeing a pre-unit drag bike with the smaller terrier / cub front end with slider covers up front. I wonder if nacelle legs could be modified but it would be much better finding the sliders and probably hard to find the nacelle legs. I think I've only seen the nacelle tops for sale for the early cubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Come to think of it, I've never seen the aftermarket covers on a drag bike or Terrier. I think they fall into the impossibly hard to find catagory, although I'm sure there are a couple sets sitting on a shelf somewhere in the country...

    ReplyDelete