Monday, October 5, 2009

Jon Rispante 1966 Custom T120 Survivor

This bike is the third in Jon's trio of Triumph's. His words:

"Here's some photos of my '66 Bonneville custom. I have had it for over 7 years now. It has been covered in storage since then. These photos are from the day I brought it home. All I have done with it is remove the "slugs" out of the forks to drop it back down. Those fork spring covers are 1966 "6T" Thunderbird units. This bike was chopped in '67. This is the kind of stuff I live for...."






I'll bet it looks real good with the forks brought back to stock length. Extended forks have their place, but were definitely way overdone back in the '60s - 70's. A real nice example of a mild custom street bike. Love the paint and diamond tuck seat. How many neat old customs like this have gotten hacked and pasted with a bolt on rigid rear and painted flat black? Too many!

No comments:

Post a Comment